As the pastors of the church, we have given many hours to prayerful discussion as to what our continued response to the ongoing threat of COVID-19 should look like. While we recognize that no solution is perfect, we have agreed on the following:
1. As our attendance is under the 250 threshold set by Governor Inslee, we will continue to gather for worship on Sunday Mornings, with the precautions noted below. These services will be live-streamed on our website, and also on our Facebook page.
2. Our Neighborhood Fellowships, with the precautions noted below, will meet at the discretion of their leaders on a case by case basis.
3. We will limit our corporate gatherings to Sunday morning only for the next few weeks.
4. We are asking that you do not attend if you are coughing, experiencing shortness of breath, or have a fever. We recommend that you consider staying home if you are at greater risk of infection as a result of heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, or a compromised immune system. We would also recommend that you consider staying home if you are over 60 years old, especially if you have other health conditions.
5. We are taking particular care that all frequently touched surfaces are disinfected before each service. We are asking that you not shake hands at church and that everyone wash their hands frequently. While we will have offering boxes available, we will not be passing the plates. Our nursery will be operating on a “self-serve” basis—the space will be available to moms who need it, but it will not be staffed.
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated regarding any additional precautions that become necessary. Let’s continue to pray for one another to be the salt and light that all of us have been called to be!
For God’s Glory,
The Pastors of Westside Baptist Church